David H. Flucke
Most Worshipful Grand Master, 1999-2000
David Harold Flucke was born on January 9, 1942 in Saginaw, Michigan. In June 1960 he graduated from Arthur Hill High School in Saginaw where he was a member of the National Honor Society and numerous clubs. He enrolled in Bay City Junior College and pursued a pre-engineering program. Transferring to Delta Community College, he served as the first President of the Student Council. He was part of Delta’s first graduating class, graduating in 1962 with an Associates Degree in Science. David resumed his studies at the University of Michigan and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering from Western Michigan University in 1966. He began working in the Manufacturing Engineering Department of the Saginaw Steering Gear Division of the General Motors Corporation. During his employment, he became a Registered Professional Engineer and a Certified Manufacturing Engineer. He continued his education by enrolling in graduate courses in Business Administration at Central Michigan University. He retired on January 1993 after twenty-seven years of service. He married his high school friend, Ann R. Ruhl, on November 21, 1992.
During his teen years he was active in Scouting, and earned the Star Scout award. David joined the Order of DeMolay, and in 1959, served as Master Councilor of George Washington Chapter in Saginaw. He also served as District Master Councilor in 1960. From 1959 to 1962, he served Michigan State Chapter, Order of DeMolay as State Orator, Treasurer and Marshal. For service rendered to the Order, he was awarded the DeMolay Chevalier Degree, and Representative DeMolay awards. In 1981 he was awarded the DeMolay Legion of Honor, later he served as Dean in 1988 of Saginaw Valley Preceptory.
David was raised a Master Mason in Pioneer Lodge No. 79 in Saginaw on January 25, 1972, serving as Worshipful Master in 1976. In October 1972 he became a member of the Valley of Bay City, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite. He became a Charter Member and was the first President of the Valley’s Vignette Club in 1974. He was appointed Engineer and Seneschal of Bay City Consistory in 1978 and served as Commander-in-Chief from May 1989 to May 1991. For service to Freemasonry, he was Coroneted a 33° Scottish Rite Mason on September 25, 1990. He crossed the hot sands of Elf Khurafeh Shrine in Saginaw in 1974. He was exalted in Saginaw Valley Chapter No. 31, Royal Arch Masons and served as High Priest in 1985 and 1988. He was greeted in Saginaw Council No. 30, Royal and Select Masons and was installed as Thrice Illustrious Master in 1995. He was knighted in St. Bernard Commandery No. 16, Knights Templar in 1984. He joined Northeastern Michigan College No. 16, York Rite College in 1991, and served as Governor of the College in 1997. He was elected and received the Sovereign College’s Order of the Purple Cross in July 2000. Prior to being elected in 1993 as Grand Marshal, he served Grand Lodge as District Deputy Instructor, and Regional Grand Lecturer. David was installed as Most Worshipful Grand Master of Masons on May 26, 1999 in Traverse City, Michigan. At the February 21, 2000 annual Conference of Grand Masters of North America, he was elected to serve a three year term on the Board of Directors of the George Washington Masonic National Memorial Association, in Alexandria, Virginia.