Most Worshipful Grand Master, 1988-1989
Kenneth Bolton was born in Yorkshire, England on December 17, 1931. He received his education in England as an electrical engineer. In 1958 he immigrated to Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, where he met and married Ann Maureen Wilson in 1958. They were blessed with two sons. The young couple returned to England in 1961 where he worked in the nuclear and metallurgical industries. He, again, immigrated this time to the United States. He was director of sales and marketing for Masker Electric Inc. in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
He was raised as a Master Mason on April 14, 1971 in New Era Lodge No. 5991 in Gravesend, Kent, England. Upon his arrival in Michigan, he joined Rochester Lodge No. 5. He enlisted the help of other Brothers and took steps to change the name of Rochester Lodge back to its historic name of Stony Creek Lodge No. 5. He served as Worshipful Master in 1981. He is a member and Past High Priest of Rochester Chapter No. 137, R.A.M.; A member and Past Thrice Illustrious Master of Pontiac Council No. 3, R. & S.M.; member and Past Commander, Romeo Commandery No. 6 K.T. and a member of Michigan Priory No. 22 K.Y.C.H. He is also a member of Detroit York Rite College No. 1; Rock of Ages Tabernacle H.R.A.K.P.T.; Rochester Chapter No. 165 O.E.S.; Crusader Council, Allied Masonic Degrees; Scottish Rite, Valley of Bay City; Elf Khuref Shrine Temple, Saginaw; Iraq Grotto M.O.V.P.E.R.; Royal Order of Scotland as well as numerous research lodges. He also holds honorary memberships in St. Albans Lodge No. 20, Farmington Lodge No. 151, Coloma Lodge No. 162, Dearborn Lodge No. 172, Lovell Moore Lodge No. 182, Vienna Lodge No. 205 and William M. Perrett Lodge No. 524. He served as a Dad Advisor to Rochester Chapter of DeMolay where his sons served as Master Councilors. He received the Cross of Honor in 1980 and in 1982 received the Legion of Honor.
He was elected the Most Worshipful Grand Master at the 162nd session of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of Michigan on May 26, 1988.