Louis H. Fead

From MasonicHistoryWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Louis H. Fead, PGM,
Louis H. Fead, PGM (From the Michigan Masonic Museum and Library Collection)
Louis H. Fead, PGM,
Louis H. Fead, PGM, in military uniform, 1918. (From the Lou B. Winsor Photo Collection of the Michigan Masonic Museum and Library)

Most Worshipful Grand Master, 1917-1918

Louis H. Fead, was born on May 2, 1877, in Lexington, Michigan. He graduated from the Lexington High School in 1893, attended Olivet College for two years, the Detroit College of Law for one year and graduated from the Law Department of the University of Michigan in 1900.

He settled in Newberry, Michigan on July 25, 1900, and was elected Prosecuting Attorney of Luce County the same year. He took office on January 1, 1901. He was re-elected every two years for six consecutive terms. Then he was elected Circuit Judge of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, which included the counties of Alger, Chippewa, Luce and Schoolcraft in 1912. He took office in January 1913. His term expired in January 1918. He was re-elected without any opposition for another six-year term in 1918. He was also a vice-president of the Newberry State Bank.

He was raised as a Master Mason in Lexington Lodge No. 61 on January 16, 1902. He transferred his membership to McMillan Lodge No. 400 in Newberry, on September 2, 1905 and was elected Junior Deacon of that lodge in the same year, Senior Deacon in 1906, Junior Warden in 1907, Senior Warden in 1908 and Worshipful Master in 1909 and again in 1910. He was elected Grand Marshal of the Grand Lodge F. & A. M. of Michigan at the Annual Communication in 1911, and steadily advanced each year until he was elected as Most Worshipful Grand Master in 1917.

He was also a member of all the various bodies of Masonry and allied Orders as follows: Manistique Chapter No. 127, R.A.M., Hiawatha Council No. 65, R. & S.M., Sault Ste. Marie Commandery No. 45, K.T., Francis M. Moore, Consistory, A. & A.S.R., Ahmed Temple A.A.O.N.M.S. and Luce Chapter No. 365, O.E.S.

He died on February 4, 1943.

Personal tools